Thursday, August 16, 2007

IOC

Yeah!! I've finally got oral commentary over and done with! Spent the past week on 20 extracts from King Lear and poems by wole soyinka, robert frost and wilfred owen. Feels like a huge burden off my shoulders. Lucky me i drew extract 5 of Lear. Gloucester and Edmund scene, so i had a slightly easier time than others. Commenting to a radio which records your voice and an examiner sitting in front is quite scary. I feel more scared than lining at a start line of a race. Lack of practice? maybe.

Well, i tried my best for it. I think i impressed pt by telling him its extract 5 just by looking at it! HAHA! i mug too ok! Studying with woo is damn stressful. He just makes me feel like i never study enough. I just have to state a line and he will tell you what the extract is vice versa. He mug until he's practically a Lear himself. haha. Quite weird walking around school and everyone talking Shakespeare english. Lucky didnt draw background or woodpile. I'll just rip up my paper and die on the spot. It's too abstract for me. That's the bad thing on IB. Up till prelims still chionging IAs. Can't revise for nuts. Anyway it's over!

Missed 2 days of training to make sure i could revise well. Today went down again and the seniors are back. They sound like they had fun! Nice. Bill bought a lettman paddle. Think that's how it's spelt. The shapes nice. I tried the girls paddle. EXTREMELY interesting paddle. The blade is so slim but its alot longer. Looks are deceiving. It looks so thin but it catches a monster lot of water. Feels nice. But me and girl paddle brings me back to the sad fact i'm so damn weak, the top few girls there will beat me. Hai.

3 weeks to prelim, I have no choice by to slow down on training during this period. Probably only going down at most 4 times a week till my IB exams are over on the 22nd Nov. Till then in the words of coach:

" The brain works on sweets and oxygen. Tired go run 40mins, then eat sweets to fuel the brain"

hahaha. Sweets sweets mmmhmmm.

Study hard,
Train hard,
Play hard.
Stay healthy,
God bless.
---
"At the end of the day, all that really matters is love" - charles (Heroes) - i think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home