Friday, August 03, 2007

lag

Been lagging for a few days since i'm back. Jet lagging, work lagging. Basically everything lagging. Everyone now looks so small :/ i wonder why hahaha. The pace of life is so crazy here. It only seems so after going over to Czech. They work from 11-3? They take forever to finish re-tiling the road(singapore 1 night finish). There's always nobody walking on the streets, here there's always jams, people horning the cars infront. It's different from here in many ways. Even the dogs there bigger than mine and MORE GENTLE. I think it's a location thing. Everything just BIG on that side of the world.

Was late for school on thursday because i couldn't wake up at 6am. Over there it's 12am and it took me 10 mins to realise i was going to be late for school. Supposed to go for festival of arts guitar today, but they sold the tickets while i was away + my lower back is killing me.

I'll write about the trip some other time. I passed my set of photos to john to take a look. Can't upload the nicer pics of the place, the races, our "hotel", the slalom white water canoe course and competitions.

Suddenly my boat feels so small also. Over there we used the Nelo ML (70-85kg...i think). Here the M is so small, should have gotten the ML instead. It feels alot better. And now people asking me what am i still training for. What am i training for? I also dunno. Just can't stop ar...it's habit already. I'll just have so much time i don't know what to do with it. Of course can fill it with work...but that's not so appealing...

I also think i'm not too far off the world standard now. Still far, but not that far. A little bit more effort and maybe i might make the average line at the world stage some time soon. Also trying out things i saw the fast buff boys do over there. Maybe one day i can be like them.

Fast.

Being a world class athlete is also quite a lonely thing to do. They train all over the world in camps, hardly get to be with their families sometimes, spend all their time training they miss out what the rest of the world is enjoying. Those that aren't sponsored have to fork out their own cash to go to such meets, just for that shot at gold, no matter how small. Alone in many ways i feel.

Ahhh i'm rambling. My priorities all wrong la + I dunno what to do now. I'll just train somemore and see what happens. No harm right?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home