Thursday, June 18, 2020

Phase 2 reopening

So we enter phase two of the economy reopening today. It means going back to work though on an alternate week basis. Many safe distancing measures are to be in place and a lot of restrictions still as civil 19 remains a risk to the health and economy of the world. 

I sit back today and reflect abit on the past weeks. To be honest this lockdown was a much needed rest from everything. I didn't need to paddl, didn't have to go to work and spent a lot of time at home. I was totally overwhelmed by things since January when I went for reservist. After that I started work and had no more weekends till April. So the civil situation allowed me to enjoy a proper weekend again and I'm thankful for that.

Kinda sad that now that we are reopening the streets are so packed with vehicles again. They also started cutting the trees and grass which looked so much better in its natural state. Also I'm used to the current situation and am not looking forward to changing again but it will have to happen.

I've found back some joy in exercising and chasing small personal goals. I've done my best 5km run and my furthest cycling distance. Also made some speed trials over 40km cycling which I'm proud of. Also fell sick in the last week which isn't fun..but am recovering back to almost 100% now. Hopefully gonna be able to manage the new normal. Looking for more success and more enjoyment in the times to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home