Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Corona virus stay home week 2/6

Hey, it's been awhile again.. Last time I sat down to write was in early December but the post was lost. After 2020 started and Geri went home, I enjoyed abit of January training alone mostly. Sometimes the young boys joined me and I appreciated the company. After Chinese New Year I went in for what was possibly the longest reservist cycle I've had since I orded in 2009. But it was alright, the guys were around and it got me through it. I fell pretty sick with some conjunctivitis but recovered relatively quickly. It made me worry about how I would do for the selections in March but I got through that pretty well too.

After reservist, I started my new job at the people's association. The team was friendly and welcoming and I tried to learn things quickly and contribute to the effort. Messed up some stuff but I'm starting to get a hang of things. After starting work, time went by really fast because I didn't really have a day to myself where I could just laze around anymore. Everyday was waking early for training, working, another evening training and then home for the U.S. Market open where I traded till about 11pm before sleeping. Weekends were mainly at work to cater to the weekend crowds. 

I guess it helped me to pass time quicker and also try to make something of myself in the workforce. Then the coved situation started to ramp up and I was helping out at the community centers and resident committee in my area with the distribution of masks to the public. I felt good about it and felt like I was doing my part to combat this crisis. 

To be honest, if I didn't paddle so much, I might have been a soldier or something. I've always looked up to heroes in the stories and always believed in combating evil and what not. If there really was a war, I think I'll be the first to go fight..

Now the stay home just got extended again. A lot of disruptions but I generally feel alright. For training I do a lot of cycling or running and am lucky to have the gym set at my place to do workouts. Originally brandy and sy were supposed to come over but they passed the new laws that disallowed it. I wouldn't mind it actually if they came. When I gym alone in the garden sometimes I think to myself if Roger was around he would be so happy to have company in the garden. I do wish he was still around.

Working from home, I'm used to being alone so it's not an issue. I see some people struggling with it but it's just different characters and responses to the same situation I guess. I've always been comfortable on my own so I guess I have an easier time. 

Also have some time to catch up on FFVII remake which just launched. Brings back so many memories of when I first played in back in early 2001. I didn't cry when aerith died but I liked her a lot as a character. Cloud too was a hero of mine. The remake expands the story well and gives me the time to understand the characters much better. The voice acting also changes a lot as I don't have to read text and try to understand what emotions the characters are actually going through. Now I can hear it in their voice and through the improved facial graphics. I love this game and could play it to death.

Anyway that's about all I've to write for now. Stay home and stay safe.
Till the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home