Monday, February 11, 2019

Reservist

Tomorrow I go back to camp for my 3rd cycle. It's gonna be a tiring one because it's an assessment year. Packed up my pack and my training clothes for 2 weeks and I felt again this sense of being 'trapped'. I've never liked the idea of going into camp and I still find it hard to find joy in it. Looking at the junior boys now enlisting, it's a sense of déjà vu. It really didn't seem like 11 years has past when I was in their exact position. Well, I'm glad that Julian and jack are enjoying it. 

Training has been going well. I've put in quite a lot of effort the past months and am returning to fitness. There's still a ways to my best but I will get there eventually and hopefully even make new limits. My aim for this year is to break another personal record on any distance. I hope to also be able to get into the team if possible. Will be missing some training for the next 2 weeks, but I will do what I can  o at least maintain my fitness for the time being.

Trading has been tough. I've finally realized how important it is to take a loss. Now I've to start all over and work my way out of the hole. I'm not going to give up on this and will keep at it and hopefully my skills will improve and get me onto the right path. 

Other than the usual, Im thinking of going back to work in the day for at least a few hours. I felt like I need to get out there and meet new people again. And I also felt the need for some financial stability at least for the time being until my trading gets consistently profitable. What I want from this year is to be able to earn enough to not have to tightening my wallet so much. I would like to be able to go for trips again with my parents and not feel guilty about not having enough to pay. I would like to be able to buy things without needing to think how many trades I need to make to get it back. This is one thing I want to achieve this year.

I really admire entrepreneurs. They really have the balls to go out there and pave their own way. It takes a really special individual. Hopefully that is what my trading career will lead me to. 

Other than these, Chinese New Year came and went really quickly. I was glad to see my cousins doing well and also to see some of my grand uncles and aunts. Time is really short, we need to spend them wisely with the people that are important to us. 

That's all for now. Wishing everyone a prosperous year of the pig!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home