Sunday, May 04, 2008

I/C...is this how you report strength...

It's been a damn long week, and I'm glad it's over. My term as Course i/c is finally over and it's the longest appointment because of the stand-in I had to do the week before. I admit it's hard to lead men especially when you are a man yourself. There's always people who won't listen to you and continue doing their nonsense while you as i/c will face the punishments from the sergeants standing by the side evaluating you and at the same time trying to make life difficult for you. If there was rank, you could just screw everyone and solve the problem right away...

Standing infront of 2 platoons demands the highest standards of drills (which was something i didn't possess), so when any mistakes are made, they are very obvious. Thanks to my bunk for telling me about my mistakes which i made. The appointment also opened my eyes to the different characters around me. Now i know who are the "workers" who'll willingly to do alittle extra, making sure everything is finished on time and who are the chao keng...Other than that, alot of my free time went to doing administrative stuff. It's part of the job i guess. Anyway, it's over and i hope i did a relatively ok job even though i did get scolded quite abit...

Now to canoe. Clocked in about 42 km of paddling and 2 weights sessions this week. It's not much but it's better than a normal weekend. The speed is coming back slowly and that's a good sign. Now i just have to rest well and get through field camp which starts on monday @ 4am. Maybe if there's time and the higher ups allow, i'll go visit ninja and bobo at whiskey.

Urgh...P.tkg...seriously, i hate that place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home