Saturday, March 08, 2008

No more sad stories.

Poping in 3 days time and it's almost time to move on to the next phase of ns. From Rec to Pte tay, I think it's a big achievement! Especially when i've survived the toughest company in bmt, NINJA company. Then it's gonna be about 10 days + of block leave and preparing for postings to unit. Praying hard the guards do not open up now and mp won't come and disturb me and if that happens, things should be smooth sailing.

The feeling of not being able to strive for the best really sucks. I've given up a chance at OCS/sispec to pursue a dream and sometimes i really wonder if at the end of the day i won't turn back and regret not getting my 1 bar or 3 stripes. I'll also be thrown into a different circle of people. People who maybe never studied past secondary school, people who aren't given the chance to be a commander. Things will be quite different from here on.

I really wonder if i will one day regret this decision...

Ok sad stories aside, bmt is finally feeling really finished. Everything has been completed and all we need to do now is parade ourselves before our loved ones on tuesday in SBO and smart 4 before our 10days free time to recover. Looking back, there's some very memorable moments. The 24km march in the rain that started at 2pm and ended at 1030pm is one of them. My boots were totally soaked in sweat and rain water and my feet totally wrinkled up when i finally got my feet out of the boot. Games day was another one. I joined the tug of war team with marcus,kaiyang, julius and shaun. It's the first time in a long time I actually felt part of something and we tugged and pulled our way to third place in front of the school. It was tough but we put up a hell of a fight. Finally sitest with the crazy fast marches. Ninja marched 4km in 23mins or so...it was like running with 7kg stuck on you for 6km...crazy..

Apart from that I know i've been complaining alot ,but yah sometimes i don't mean what i say and i'm starting to get irritated with myself so i'm trying to stop...Other than that...Jori and sam are gonna commission on the 15th Mar. I'm gonna go watch them do their officers' parade. I hear it's really pro and it's one i won't ever have...so...just gonna go watch them be awarded for their hardwork and soak up the atmosphere.

Made a visit to the uk fair too. I'm quite happy to find out i can apply for ucl and warwick and cambridge. My dad wants me to try for cambridge and it's hard to tell him how difficult it is to get in...but i think i'll at least try. In the words of 2nd LTA Teo,

"At least try, if not you'll never know".

See how, sometimes when god doesn't want to give you something, there's a reason for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home