Sunday, August 06, 2006

if only.

If.

There's only one chance, it's now or never.
I let it slip, a blessing lost forever...
Regret felt unbearable to take,
It's locked up in my heart, definitely not fake.

All the regrets, the sorrow and the pain,
Hidden from view, I want them slain
Nobody will understand, nobody ever will!
I'm left alone, silent and still.

It fades with age? It fades with time?
But I can still feel it, it ain't a crime.
I can't let it go, unwilling i must say,
But what can i do? Only pray.

Times past, times forever gone,
I can never relive more of those dawns.
A gem placed before me that i wanted to take,
A choice that I didn't make.

Time ever so fleeting, ever so demanding,
It's unaccommadting, I think I'm drowning.
I'm jaded, I'm weary, I've nothing to say.
I force a smile, pretending I'm okay.

Doing my best to keep forging ahead,
This precious memory clings on it isn't dead.

If only...

-zeke

6/8/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home