Monday, January 22, 2007

Canoe.

Just read through mr samuel lim's posts on his canoeing life. Makes me wanna evaluate myself when i train. Like he said he's not the strongest, fittest but his mental strength is probably only rivalled by khairul and jun yi. I don't have that will power in me neither do i have the strength, the fitness, the size. All i can do is hold the water with my paddle. Apart from that i have no idea what the heck i row with. But it's because i know i'm lacking in these areas that makes me wanna push harder for it. Even if i have failed afew times here and there...marathons...sprints...

It's amazing what samuel did last year. In sprints but the marathons as well. And not only that...he's a student like everyone of us. The pressure, the stress of having to get the grades and of course leaving for home after training at 730-800 everyday. He's been my benchmark since dunno when actually...since the T1 days where he'll trash me sh!tless. Somethings just don't change after so many years eh? hahaha...

The saturday timetrial gave me the feeling again. Suddenly i feel like i can take the world down. The just whack feeling. Timing is not fantastic or anything though. Also saw this pic of this huge swedish junior from 2005 junior champs...Must fight them this year. Just need to cut 2 more seconds of the first 250m and 10 secs from the next...i'll be in good shape. The second 250 is the problem....

Talk is easy...need to up the fitness training to push my upper limit further. Nutrition, trainings, rest... i'm lucky my year actually addresses these areas. No more excuses from me...I must keep pushing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home