Sunday, October 29, 2006

Post 5km reflections

Came in 5th today. Not too good but it's experience for me. Finished in 24.27, Ryan came in about 23.40. Shows the standard difference.

Basically, made too many tactical errors in attacking and supporting. Turning was my major errors. Wasted quite abit of time on the turns, eating wash at the wrong places, letting people cut my turning. It's not that easy i guess and I'm not particularly good at races with turnings. It's a humbling experience to get totally destroyed by clever play by my juniors. A wake up call even. Have to be alert for longer races in future. Also will have to fight a train properly after the Chinese exam on the 2th Nov.

The postionings
1- Ryan
2- Lucas
3- Clifton

Have to learn to wash ride properly too. Had some difficulty finding wash to cling to. Its either i learn how to do it or be so fit to finish the race on my own. Anyway I've really learnt quite abit today and i hope i can learn from my errors. Congrats to the winners too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home