Thursday, May 04, 2006

Still quite busy but anyway...

Yo! AC won softball! good job softballers! marcus,alex,jin yan,jia qing,andre and the rest of you all. You kept your calm and fought hard. Great show. Alex scored the decider after 2 tie-breakers.

rushed to training after that. Did the sprints programme for the first time in weeks with Wei li and NUS. Wei li how pro...after so long still so fast.

Didn't feel lifting during my sets. Rocking about abit too much as well. And yes...still no catch and dragging. After the programme I ended up doing drills. Did the normal ones just to get out of my comfort zone for balancing. Not too bad...quite productive actually.

Also just learnt today that my K1 will probably be here in early July. Can't wait to get into it and row it about actually. European boats...wonder what's so good about them that most people use them.

Aching...Aarrhh...

NOW back to Li jiang XD

Day 2 23/4

Visited another Old town. Saw Maozedong there :) took a 4.15 pic there. 4.15Noah ROCKS!!!

At the old town. I walked with Chen Yi even though I was actually in pain( I mean Chen yi slowed down to walk with me, Thank you!). I bought a pair of slippers from the convenience store too assist me in my walking but it didnt help much...had to go for training in a boat where the footstrap so tight and abraid my feet until like that. Yi got his leather shoes there...and I was trying to find a wind chime to hang on my room window. But the chimes had ONE very big problem. Most of the chimes had nice sounds BUT the problem is...they don't ring when the wind blows...SOoooo...WHAT's the point?!?



Nothing much. Had dinner and then a briefing by the spring of love people on the cip part of the trip and later planned the learning activities and slept.

Day3 24/4
Today we set off for the village school where we would stay for 2days,2nights. The toilets were horrible but theres nothing I could do about it. Emptied most stuff out of my system to reduce the sufferings in the toilets there and we left. I didn't take many pictures there but it was a beautiful place.

Upon arrival, we brought the donations to the school's library where we found our school year book from 2002! Commented about Yi's socks in sec 1 :P

Put our stuff in the school dorm. the beds were 3 planks of wood on a metal frame. Also we had our first experience with the toilet...nevermind...i'll skip that...

Had some ice-breakers after lunch there. The food was great! At first the kids were rather shy...but we got them to speak up once mandir came into the scene with the banghra dance. They loved it and I had a great time.

Played Whacko with them. SUPER difficult with so many new names to remember and in chinese somemore where they speak uber fast. All i remembered was a Helai,Hehong,Mulu,Mufa,zhengze(khing)+ people i already know +mandir :) and a you shong if i'm right...

I AM SUPER blur at this game. Kenna whacked a few times cos i'm dreaming and never hear my name being called by the Chinese kids. Somehow the call me and I can't hear...When i'm the whacking guy...I can't remember their names too...so was kinda lost in the centre of the circle.

After that, we moved on to dog and bone. Thought the kids the real way to play the game(Cheating the opponent and snatching the bottle in the middle be4 running home). I fell btw...being a zq...i tend to do stupid stuff. David became known as "something" else also.

haha...

Next was a telematch designed by games crew. The spinning part was so spinny that people actually fall after spinning 10 times. (they learnt how to cheat in this game) WHAT are we teaching them man...

Dinner followed and the concert where we had to perform was next. Chen yi and zhen yi(tims) guitared away...T.Chiew+brendan+Huang & co. sang tonghua when the power died and we just sang in the dark. The whole school actually sang along to our surprise. Entertained them with jay chou songs till the fire was built and performances by mandir and yeon wei tickled the minds.

Later the mass banghra dance where the whole school joined in. cool sight.

As a sign of respect, they thought us their dance. I couldnt catch it for some reason. Its quite simple actually. too sleepy ready...lagging that night i guess.

danced round the fire over and over and over and over...really good exercise. I was sweating real bad in like 13-16 degrees after the dance. sorta trans like dance where you just can't stop once its started. Visited the toilets and went to sleep while the girls star gazed and saw shooting stars. CRAP!

my feet was hurting...washed it with mineral water we bought and attempted to sleep.

That night was freezing cold. at 12+am it was still bearable. after that the temp just dropped. woke at 1am,3am,5am and didn't sleep after that. too cold. I wasn't that prepared for such cold. i sat up against the metal post and started shivering when cold air came in through the broken window.Prayed real hard for the sun to rise...

Tough night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home