Sunday, January 28, 2007

Post marathon reflections

Well...came in second if you didn't know. Not a very good result for me actually. But I believe God is fair. I have to say my alertness and decision making this marathon was much much better than Ubin one and i'm rowing my first official k1 race too.

Started out real good, led till the first portage when sam chin was riding irene. managed to fight him down the portage and regain lead for another 3.5km. Then around the next turn I just couldnt move my boat for some reason. Directioning was real bad, heavy water...i suspect i caught something but just whack on. By the next portage he's too far already.

But i set my mind to catch him. Sprinted every 30s-1min...But cannot catch ar...he's riding well...
His tactics are good...his riding is really good!!!! I guess i'm still quite tactically naive in marathons. i don't hold the wash as well as him. But i didnt manage to find many k2's to attempt hooking on anyway.

Basically...he just outrowed me lah.
Back to basics for me. I've got alot more to learn and improve on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home