Thursday, December 28, 2006

3 days left of 2006

Time flies so fast, in moments it's gone. The long bus rides home from mac to kallang give me more than enough time to reflect on the year that's gonna end in 3 days. I've to say this is the year i actually bothered to go out there and meet some people. A year i've grown up quite abit. Emotionally, mentally, maybe even spiritually to some small extent.

The year didn't start so well, school was utter rubbish for awhile, considered leaving ACS and the IB for A level track which is a more tested route of education, but didn't. Foot surgery over the Chinese New Year, Miserable higher chinese results. Not doing to well in the exams. Missed the ACC squad by a second in december. Canoeing kinda lightened my days most of that time. After some bad days in school it's just nice to let out the frustration and fatigue to the water. But on the flip side sometimes it pissed me off even more when the stroking was not going to well too. Barely survived my mid year exam which was during the A div canoeing champs. Had to sit it out had no choice.

But gradually things started to take some shape. Finals was not great but good for the time being. Canoeing went pretty smooth this year. Got to know some great people. I'm developing as a person :]

Next year is gonna be the biggest year of my life. Diploma exams, so many international competitions available to try to get selected for and i'm gonna be part of the first batch of people taking and hopfully getting the IB diploma from a local school in singapore. Seems small but the repercussions are going to be really big. It will decide which Uni i'll go to,what courses to take, whether i can sneak my way pass NS and at least attempt to get something big in sports.

Hurdles however are big. Competitions are so close to the exams. Either i self destruct and totally screw my life or I'm gonna fly. Do or die basically. Tons of work required. I pray for the strength to survive through the next year and of course my special wish which is so damn impossible but i hope it's granted anyway.

Hope the motivation i'm feeling right now can last the next 12mnths.
I heard this line from some movie i watched on tv:

"Wake up everyday with a purpose in your life"

how true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home