Sunday, March 25, 2012

the rat race

I always say I never want to run the rat race. To end up in a cubicle in a big building doing work for higher ups I have no feelings for and fighting with 20 or more colleagues for that valuable promotion. And the work I do becomes a product I barely understand that goes into someone's hand which they dont even like in the first place. To wait every month for that pay check so that I can carry on my life. I feel that that kind of life is sad and meaningless... Yet society has this thing of making everyone become the same. And I don't really want to be what society wants me to be. I believe this happens in university too.. And in uni I'm slowly starting to conform into the 'normal' life of a Singaporean student by mugging constantly and doing everything to get the grades. Sometimes I don't enjoy learning as much as I did in sem 1 when I screwed up my CAP but I actually learnt stuff that I remember till now.... Does that mean I'll end up running the rat race?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home