Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wisdom from friends

Today I had a little time on my hands and i started reading notes written by classmates from acs posted about acs on facebook. The reason for this is because frankly things aren't going really well in my life at the moment and I was looking for something to keep my mind occupied. Somehow I notice that when I'm in trouble, the people I turn to apart from family are my best friends from acs and some really close canoeing friends. Today though, I didn't look for the help, but the help found me.

I received help in the form of a note written by peck many months back. The last line he wrote, "when in doubt, flank". This was his motto and it really stuck with me. When there are problems, sometimes I keep charging at it head on. I and do it over and over and I get frustrated and weary. This line really made me rethink the way I view problems. The beauty is its subtly. It didn't mean avoid, or run away from the problem, but instead to approach from a different angle. One which would give a more favourable outcome.

Peck's been a really close friend to me for many years and we've grown up together. I hope I can continue to learn and approach life in such a manner, and maybe for once, I will be able to easily tide rough times... Thanks peck.. I hope that I can return the favor in due time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home