Sunday, January 08, 2012

Going back to school

Tomorrow signifies the end of 8months as a 'professional' kayaker. To tell the truth, I'm actually dreading juggling studying and kayaking again. During those 8months leading up to the sea games, I really had enough rest, focus and motivation to ensure I could be at my best for the games. I'm someone that likes to be good at the things I do and I hate it when I can only manage sub standard work because there's not enough hours in a day. It also doesnt help that I'm an avid believer in having a minimum of 8 hrs sleep a day and that one cannot just work and have no play. Anyway I'll have to find a way through this once again and do my best to get my grades up. Reflecting on last year, it was really tough. Had many problems even before the year began, had a nasty bike accident that ruined my racing season and also the final triumph at the games itself. Training camp was probably the phase that I had found my fire and motivation back after the accident left me in a horrible physical state. And the many other emotional problems and doubts throughout the year strengthened my self belief immensely. There were many times I felt I was fighting a one man show because even my own team mates don't seem to understand what I feel. I hope I will be able to continue growing and learning from my mistakes. And one day I will be able to say I've been there and done that and when that day comes, I'll stop and I'll rest and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home