Saturday, October 31, 2009

16 tons of number 9 coal.

Some people say a man is made out of mud,
a poor man's made out of muscle and blood
muscle and blood and skin and bone,
a mind that's weak and a back that's strong.

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
Picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
I loaded Sixteen Tons of number 9 coal
And the store boss said, ""Well, bless my soul""

(Chorus:)You haul Sixteen Tons, whadaya get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

Born one morning it was drizzl'n rain
Fightin' and Trouble are my middle name
I was raised in a canebrake by an old mama lion
And no high-toned woman make me walk the line

Repeat Chorus

See me comin' better step aside
A lot of men didn't and a lot of men died
I got one fist of iron and the other of steel
And if the right one don't get ya, the left one will

Repeat Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home